Why ask someone who gives you everything for anything? Jesus ends his Semon on the Mount in Chapter 7 of the book of Mattew with, 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” We are meant to ask.
When I give myself permission to ask for something a flood of ideas come into my head. Today I will use this prayer time to prioritize them and choose 5 that mean the most.
1. I want my children to love You deeply. I want them to have a clear and defined identity in You. I want them to be able to hear your voice and create their own personal relationship with You. I don’t want them to be swayed by society or by the church. I want them to have the confidence to address life through You directly.
2. I want to live in ministry, forever and create a path to allow others to do the same.
3. I want to have the strength and self-control to be a vegan. I have been called to take this step for years and I can’t gather the energy and the strength to take that last step.
4. I want to lose weight. I have always struggled with my weight. It has been a constant struggle. One I am grateful for because it has taught me so much, but it is time to change. I want the strength to do so.
5. I do not want debt. I have never had any and I don’t want any. Help me to remain debt free forever as I move forward in your plans with strength. I don’t want to owe anything to anyone but to You. Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.